UX Product Designer
If you ever wanted the chance to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you get to own the end-to-end UX process and experience — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies where we are transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff provides automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery solution that offers the best of both worlds: the assortment and low prices of stores, along with the convenience of online ordering and same-day pickup & delivery!
In a nutshell
We are looking for a UX/product designer who will own overall layout, information architecture, and user flows across our library of apps. A bit about you: you love working in a team setting to iterate rapidly through experimentation on design. You’re open to new ideas -- you are collaborative and love working with stakeholders, product, engineering, and other teams to build responsive web and native mobile designs. You thrive on understanding the needs of our users and gathering feedback and research from them. You are open, communicative, friendly, and don’t take yourself too seriously!
This is exciting because you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring an idea from conception to implementation, all while maintaining an iterative and exploratory mentality
- Create sketches, wireframes, concepts, specs, prototypes, and so on in order to communicate your design thinking
- Work across teams and with our clients to give and receive UX feedback
- Work in Sketch and Invision to create mockups and prototypes, and ensure consistency across our components and projects
- Contribute to the design process and design strategy across the company - come to the table with fresh ideas and a drive to constantly iterate
- Bonus: Visual design chops that let you help contribute to our evolving brand and design systems
- Bonus: Experience with HTML/CSS or building websites or apps
- Bonus: Experience with either using or developing design systems/component libraries for apps
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of UX/product design experience
- Experience with the full range of the UX design process, including user research, user testing, wireframing, creating prototypes, and iterating on design
- Experience with collecting user feedback and data, including conducting user interviews, analyzing heat maps and analytics, observing users, etc
- Strong portfolio or work samples demonstrating UX design experience
- Strong communication skills, both with users and members of our team
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.