Site Design Lead
Site Design Lead
Takeoff Technologies is looking for a Site Design Lead who can lead and develop the Site Design Team. The role of a Site Design is to act as a strategic consultant for our clients in the areas of operations, data analysis, and supply-chain design. The ideal candidate will provide internal & external recommendations and insight for how each site will be designed in order to maximize efficiency, throughput, and savings for our customers. By creating a roadmap for both individual sites and the network as a whole, the Site Design team is central to both customer acquisition, retention and growth.
This role will gain a strong, deep understanding of the company’s tools & technology, and lead the improvement of existing as well as develop requirements for new data science tools. Successful Program Managers in this role are able to understand unique business requirements, apply and manage those requirements across multiple data analytics tools, and present recommendations to multiple organizational levels both internally and externally.
● Manage multiple client projects involving multiple iterations of analysis coordinating with cross-functional teams both internally and at the client’s organization
● Use data, both quantitative and qualitative, to drive site design recommendations for new and existing clients
● Own the entire lifecycle of site design, from requirements gathering to data analysis to implementation
● Identify opportunities for improvement in site design, equipment layout, inventory management, transportation, and routing
● Creating and responding to business development opportunities
Work within a team of professionals to develop recommendations for warehouse design and specifications
● Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders to understand their needs, providing feedback where necessary
● Managing multiple projects concurrently and delivering consistent positive results
● Identify any gaps in analytics and reporting proactively
● 5+ years of experience in consulting, data science or industrial engineering preferred; and/or 5+ years in a customer facing role with strong aptitude and understanding of data and process analysis
● Excellent leadership qualities that inspire and motivate staff and peers
Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills to present multi-layered findings and recommendations to all levels of the organization
Strong analytical skills with experience using Excel, SQL, MS Access, and/or simulation software
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
● Experience with supply-chain, material handling equipment and/or transportation network design preferred
● Having experience in a B2B2C environment is a plus
● Willingness to travel to visit clients (20-50%)
● Lean/Six Sigma, PMI and/or APICS certification a plus
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & vision plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture. Our headquarters office is at The Watch Factory in Waltham, MA. A cool space full of creature comforts with plenty of amenities on site. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.