If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you had the chance to transform a $5B market — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
About the role
We are looking for a Network Engineer who has successfully scaled enterprise environments to help support our continued high growth. This person will manage Takeoffs internal and external network infrastructure, including core/access switching, firewalls, WAN, VoIP communications, and remote office connectivity and help support and deploy enterprise network infrastructures. Ideally, this person will have some exposure to Cisco network infrastructure, but that is not a requirement. You will focus on network support but will learn and grow as a result of being surrounded by a team of senior engineers helping deploy solutions.
This is exciting because you will:
- Support networking environment by managing system configuration; facilitating system installation; and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Establish the network environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades, and Investigating faults in the network
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Network Engineer on increasingly complex projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and its supporting technologies
- 5 years’ experience configuring ASA, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN, VLAN, WiFi-AP, Proxy Servers
- Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Wiring (Structure cabling and fiber optics) and Certification Supervision, Network Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
- Experience managing Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switch products
- Experience with SAML, AAA and multi-factor authentication
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate required
- Strong documentation and time management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Travel is required
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.