Web Developer, Waltham MA
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you have the chance to transform a $5B market — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery marketplace. Takeoff provides automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery solution that offers the best of both worlds: the assortment and low prices of stores, along with the convenience of online ordering and same-day pickup & delivery!
In a nutshell
This is exciting because you will:
- Define and build the next generation of e-commerce web applications for the top grocery chains around the world
- Collaborate with product and engineering across in-house and remote teams to launch apps and continuously improve them across multiple customer deployments to deliver the best online grocery-shopping experience
- Communicate across products and teams in different geographical locations to build a seamless user experience for everyday grocery shoppers and store employees
- Make recommendations for better design and user experience based on good reasoning and best practices.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Evaluating and testing code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Work on meaningful projects that will affect and improve the lives of people from all walks of life
What you bring to the table
- A passion for the web, user interface design, and front-end tech stacks
- Experience with VMMV UI frameworks such as React or Vue
- Knowledge of RESTful API best practices (RMM Level 3 and API first (RAML, Swagger/OAI))
- Experience with code bundling/tree shaking tools like Webpack and Rollup
- Knowledge of SPA component testing tools like Jest, Jasmine, and Enzyme
- Experience with responsive web, and helping to translate mockups from desktop to mobile
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects, both independently and in a team
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas crisply and listen with empathy, especially across remote teams
- Understanding of usability, interaction design principles, and an awareness of how product design impacts business outcomes
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, is dedicated to mentoring and nurturing professional growth of all employees, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and commuter benefits
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.