If you ever wanted the chance to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you get to own the end-to-end UX process and experience — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies where we are transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff provides automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery solution that offers the best of both worlds: the assortment and low prices of stores, along with the convenience of online ordering and same-day pickup & delivery!
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. The Technical Writer will bring creativity and enthusiasm for new technologies to our products. An ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of working closely with team members from many disciplines and continually striving to improve the quality of our product documentation.
This is exciting because you will:
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Specialises in technical writing for one or more specific industries
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to his or her industry
- Attends conferences, trade shows, and educational seminars pertinent to his or her industry
What you bring to the table:
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.