Site Lead - Toronto, Canada
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup that is disrupting a $150Bn. market — now’s the time! Join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
About the role
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Site Lead to manage the operations within one or more client sites. This opportunity combines the tactical aspects of managing fulfillment inside a warehouse and integrating a new technology with strategic client management and performance improvement. This person will partner closely with on-site client leadership to operate one or more fulfillment centers, be responsible for the performance, productivity, and profitability of site operations, take the lead in managing key client and outside vendor relationships related to the sites, and become a super-user of Takeoff’s proprietary software systems. This leader will also play a key role in building out best practices as we scale up the number of sites around the country and the globe.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience managing grocery, e-commerce and/or retail supply chain & warehouse operations. Technical inclination, with superb operational process improvement capabilities, ability to influence without authority and customer-first mindset are critical.
This is exciting because you will:
- Partner with client lead to oversee day-to-day operation and performance of the site
- Master proprietary software systems and become well versed in hardware (robotic) components
- Provide robust training for fulfillment center staff on all equipment and processes
- Manage operation to maximize key performance measures, including: Items picked per hour, Accuracy rates, On time delivery rates, Customer Satisfaction
- Manage inventory through receipt, putaway, pick, pack, delivery and possible return.
- Lead continual improvement efforts to identify opportunities and improve performance and scalability
- Manage financial results and reports including planning for staff & equipment needs
- Create best practices and standard operating procedures for optimal performance
- Be the go to person for all site activity including coordination with outside vendors (contractors, delivery companies, etc.)
- Communicate transparently & regularly with HQ leadership on site performance and client partnership
- Coordinate with Client and HQ staff to help launch new sites within the region
- Ensure proper functioning and accountability of equipment, tools and materials
- Adhere to compliance of all legal and safety requirements on site
- Be ready to adapt and learn as we disrupt the grocery industry
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of Warehouse management experience, grocery or e-commerce experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills: lead by example, build and motivate teams, inspire loyalty
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and make decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization (internally & externally); prior experience with managing client relationships preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: identifying issues, using data to gain insight and solve problems, forecasting
- Proven ability to learn new software systems and become a “go-to person” for technology
- Working understanding of WMS systems, inventory control processes, and safety & legal processes for warehouse operations
- Ability to be on call 24/7 in case of site emergencies
- Bachelor's degree in operations management or related field, or equivalent experience
- Based out of any of the following locations: San Francisco, San Jose, Connecticut, New Jersey, Boston, MA
- Willingness and ability to travel across client sites and to/from company headquarters in Waltham, MA
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
We're passionate about what we do and get to be creative on a daily basis
You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
We have fun
What we offer
Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches, Gym membership, Free Parking, Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.